In an attempt to make it easier for companies to automate sales order processing and control costs, Esker has launched a new software-as-a-service-based solution.
Despite the arrival and maturity of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and other business data exchange formats, a majority of companies are still receiving sales orders by fax or e-mail, reports the firm. And with the multitude of media delivery methods available today, such as fax, e-mail, postal mail and EDI, processing sales orders continues to be increasingly complex.
This still constitutes a critical process in terms of respecting customer commitments, boosting sales revenue and creating competitive advantages.
* Automatic sales order reception via a fax number included with the solution and/or e-mail or EDI formats;
* Automatic data extraction: data is captured automatically from the sales order. OCR technology is used to capture images from faxes or text PDF documents;
* Automatic order routing: orders are transferred automatically to the correct owner based on the customer, the product line and/or the priority;
* Workflow validation and processing: orders are transferred to the owner for validation or automatically analyzed and moved into the ERP (enterprise resource planning) application if no exceptions are detected by the solution;
* Tracking and reporting: the solution offers managers and users real-time availability of order status and transaction data, along with reporting tools to analyze average processing times, individual performance of team members, volume and other metrics;
* Archiving: orders are automatically archived in electronic format and available online for 10 years;
By eliminating manual order entry, an automated sales order processing solution like Esker's offers an immediate return on investment. Companies can:
* Lower order-to-cash process costs by up to 70 percent;
* Receive and enter customer orders up to 65 percent faster and reduce order errors and fulfillment delays;
* Improve cash flow and lower Days Sales Outstanding;
* Reduce stored data costs by electronic archiving and increase data entry accuracy by as much as 99 percent;
* Help increase customer satisfaction levels;
* Free-up staff time by as much as 65 percent;
* Access reporting and analysis to balance workloads and identify process bottlenecks
According to Forrester (News - Alert) Consulting, who conducted a commissioned study on behalf of Esker in 2009 of a multinational company using the sales order processing solution from Esker, the return on investment was achieved in less than 11 months after deployment, with estimated savings of more than $5 million. The study emphasized gains in productivity, reduced paper usage and reduced off-site document storage.
"Many companies, such as Whirlpool, the BASF Group, MEDRAD (Bayer Group), and Honeywell (News - Alert) ED&S, have already automated their sales order processing using our solution," said Jean-Michel Bérard, CEO of Esker. "Our expertise, and a proven track record in the SaaS (News - Alert) market, allows us to offer this new on-demand solution and address all companies regardless of size."